Monday 7 July 2008

Shot Gun Saturday

I don't think going shooting in the rain isn't much fun for a girl. Or, maybe just me. Very handily though where we were shooting there was a lovely cafe in walking distance so it was hot chocolate with whipped cream and a cake for friend's daughter and I to share whilst the blokes were left out in the rain. We took home a quail and a pidgeon. They were quite tasty. I thought they tasted very similar to rabbit actually.

So, moral dilemma; Friend's daughter told me all sorts of things, in confidence. Things like her friends parents being dealers and how they're going to nick some and smoke a joint. I wonder how I would feel if my oldest son (he's only ten at the moment) told a friend of mine his intention to smoke it and she kept it from me. Obviously I'd be really pissed off that she hadn't told me. Thing is, I think I'd rather know and adult knew what son was up to and was keeping an eye on him. My friends' daughter is probably going to do what she wants anyway. I've told her about my experience with cannabis and how certain I am it's responsible for my agoraphobia so that might put her off. I've looked up more bad things about it on the net to tell her and ordered some leaflets from this website that also, hopefully, will put her off. Thing is, do I tell her parents? They'll go absolutely mad!! Ugh, I don't know what to do for the best. Is this perfectly normal behaviour for fourteen year olds these days? Do children really experiment this young??

No comments: